DT Traditional Monk
The Traditional Monk dog tag features a true monk wearing the traditional magenta/orange robe with his hands clasped together as if in prayer position grasping part of the traditional all important Mala. The Mala is like a Buddhist rosary. Each Mala has 108 beads with a "guidance" bead/stone meaning beginning and end. Please follow the "Mala has 108" link to view theories of why it is 108 beads.
On that note there are more modern Mala's being made out of 54 beads. These Mala's carry the same purpose and meaning as the traditional Mala. They are only condensed for simplicity and fashion. To use them properly you just go over the Mala twice.
This spiritual necklace is a shout out to the Buddhists. For all they have gone through on their spiritual journey's and all they will obtain during their path. Buddhist Monks follow the Vinaya or rules that were put in order by the Buddha. I like to call these people true warriors. Of course not for the fight but for the discipline, courage and knowledge they have and will continue to obtain. To give up material possessions, to not live a cookie cutter life, to be so happy and focused with just being...I envy them but respect them more. It is fascinating to learn the life of a monk or a step beyond.
It would be an honor to wear a piece like this around your neck. It's a symbol of simplicity. A symbol of respect. A way of life. For more knowledge on this topic by following the blue links throughout the description.
About Dog Tags
Dog Tags measures 2” x 1.25” and hang on a 12"-14" adjustable silver or gold chain (as seen in picture). If you would like your chain shorter or longer please note this while placing your order and consider it done.
The Process - How it's Made
The process used on these tags will never be revealed completely. We take a designed image and place it onto a special & rare paper. It is then heated to a certain degree melting the image onto the tag. Sometimes we cover the entire tag with this process and other times like this we use special formulated paints to surround the image. The paint is put on in coats and filed, buffed and sometimes even carved to give it that weathered and/or textured look. We then use a special coating/sealant protecting the art from any damage that may occur while making the dog tag smooth to the touch. This also makes the tag easy to clean.
Special Orders - If you like the Dog Tags you should order a customized one.
- They are the same price as the normal dog tags on our site. Price depends on the shape and size of the tag you order, as well as the use of Swarovski crystals, real gemstones etc. Depending on the order the price may vary by five-ten dollars.
- You get to select any image, quote or art that you wish placed on the tag.
- You have complete creative control with the colors, images/photos, words etc.
- The tag can be hung on a silver or gold chain. You can choose thick or thin and the length.
- We do not have a filter. You are allowed to use any words you choose no matter how inappropriate it may seem. We're not here to judge.
- We can refuse the right to create tags with any nudity on them unless it is in good taste like art. We will approve the image if it meets our standards.
Get creative and have some fun by ordering your special customized piece now. Simply email ARProDesigns.com with "special order" in the subject line and in the "text body" please include the following:
- An overall description of what you want
- Detailed instructions if needed
- Colors of the piece including chain selection
- Tag content: what's to be processed on tag
- Your contact information
- Please attach any image/photo of a similar piece so we can be thorough. Colors and style
- If it is text you want include font type if you'd like
- You can also forget about the nonsense and just tell us what you want. It may be easier for you this way.
After you send us your first email
we will get on it asap. You can expect your customized piece within 2-5 days
after final design is approved by you.
To protect & care for your jewelry AR Jewelry advises the following:
- Keep your jewelry stored in a dry room temperature or colder, environment. A jewelry box, a random box, pouch or any container will do. The more humidity you have equals more care.
- When cleaning your jewelry we advise a simple jewelry cloth that you can find at any jewelry store, drugstore or anywhere that sells jewelry. (AR Jewelry will begin to sell them within the next few months).
- If you have a tough piece of jewelry that is heavily tarnished and the cloth won't work we advise you to use a simple cleaner. Nothing expensive or fancy needed. They are typically the same. Use as needed and follow the instructions exactly.
- Broken jewelry; If you have a piece of jewelry that is broken we will do our best to repair it. It does not matter where it came from. We charge only for the items needed to repair the item and a flat rate of $2 for all shipping within the US. Just email us with your repair inquiry and we will go from there. It is a very fast process.